快乐10分钟开奖结果 www.99j7.com.cn 国际组织的实习任职机会来了，有志于赴国际组织实习任职的高校毕业生，这里有大把的工作机会等你来！
Org. Setting and Reporting
This profile is for the sole purpose of the Internship Programme of the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development in Geneva. There should be no expectation of employment within the UN after an internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions at the professional level and above carrying international recruitment status in the Secretariat for a period of six months following the end of their internship. UN interns must have a valid visa. The Internship Programme is unpaid and full-time, i.e. an intern is expected to work 8 hours a day five days per week.
This internship position is located in the Office of the Chief, Intergovernmental Support Service (ISS), UNCTAD, Geneva, Switzerland. ISS supports the consensus-building pillar of UNCTAD. It facilitates the smooth functioning of the intergovernmental machinery by providing, among other things, complete conference services. These range from the organization and servicing of meetings, including sessions of the Trade and Development Board and its subsidiary bodies, to the production of parliamentary documents and publications.
The period of this internship is for three months with a possibility of extension, pending the needs of the department. The starting date will be as soon as possible.
ISS strives to expose interns to all three pillars of UNCTAD activities: research, intergovernmental meetings and technical assistance to government mainly from developing countries. Tasks during the internship will include:
- conduct research on the history of the Intergovernmental Machinery (IGM).
- prepare background material for intergovernmental meetings.
- assist on other issues related to the work of ISS.
More generally, interns shall:
1. Observe all applicable rules, regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of the Organization notwithstanding their status as described in section 4 of the UN Internship Programme Administrative Instructions ST/AI/2000/9 & ST/AI/2005/11.
2. Provide the receiving departments/offices with a copy of all materials prepared by them during the internship. The UN shall be entitled to all property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to material which bears a direct relation to or is made in consequence of, the services provided under the internship. At the request of the UN, the interns shall assist in securing such property rights and transferring them to the UN in compliance with the requirements of the applicable law.
3. Respect the impartiality and independence required of the UN and of the receiving
department/office and shall not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to the UN.
4. Unless otherwise authorized by the appropriate official in the receiving department/office, they may not communicate at any time to the media or to any institution, person, Government or any other external source any information which has become known to them by reason of their association with the UN or the receiving department/office, that they know or ought to have known has not been made public. They may not use any such information without the written authorization of the appropriate official, and such information may never be used for personal gain. These obligations also apply after the end of the internship with the UN.
5. Refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on the UN or on the receiving department/office and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the UN.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, much commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Be computer literate in standard software applications;
Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
For this post:
- preferable studies in social sciences, history, international relations and/or economics.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The cover note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
- Graduation date (when will you be graduating from the programme);
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in;
- Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship position.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, if any; IT skills and three (3) references.
Due to high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills and expertise. Applicants are asked to indicate preferences which best match his/her suitability and do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both the intern and the receiving UN department. A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations. An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). "Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
[email protected] 快乐10分钟开奖结果 www.99j7.com.cn All right reserved 北京高校毕业生就业指导中心 版权所有